Happy New Year, everyone!
Time for my annual goals list. I don’t have many this year so let’s see if I can hit my targets.
- Keep a full-time job for all of 2017.
- Keep my working hours limited to 40–45 hours a week (with rare exceptions).
- Visit my cousin in Florida.
- Follow my Practical Self-Care Plans for 2017.
- Use my frozen embryo later this year.
- Attend the Warrior Mom Conference again if it’s affordable and doable
A lot of these goals involve being kinder to myself. My husband and I have discussed that I expect myself to be able to accomplish things at the same rate as when I was a freelancer, which apparently is NOT going to happen. I can’t handle all the administrative tasks like I used to. I can’t organize my home like I used to. I don’t feel as productive as I used to.
So I’m getting rid of all of that in 2017. 2017 is all about ME. (Very strange to do that.) 1 & 2 is about how I enjoy working. 3 is about visiting my family who I rarely get to see. 4 is about making myself a priority. 5 is about pursuing a goal to (Lord willing) complete my family, and 6 is about making more connections with a supportive community of women.
It’s going to be a year full of learning curves (ugh, I’m going into management—we’ll see how that works out), but hopefully this is also a year of finally trusting the Lord to guide me step by step.