2016 Mid-year Goals Check-in
Green indicates easiest, yellow indicates moderate difficulty, red indicates great difficulty.
1. Journal or blog at least once a month.
IN PROGRESS. I missed April but so far so good.
2. Exercise for 20 minutes 3 times a week (Join Anytime Fitness.)
IN PROGRESS. I joined Anytime Fitness at the end of January, but I haven’t been exercising for 20 minutes let alone 3 times a week.
REVISED GOAL: Exercise for 30 minutes 1 time a week.
3. Read a book I enjoy from start to finish before the end of the year.
SUCCESS! I read Grandma Gatewood’s Walk about a 69-year-old woman who walked the length of the Appalachian Trail. I’m not a nature person but it was a very good read.
4. Pass my editing certification test in June.
IN PROGRESS. My test is on June 10th. I am studying and feel more prepared for the test than I did before. I failed by 30 points before and I think I can eke out a pass this time.
5. Attend the Warrior Mom Conference in Atlanta in October.
IN PROGRESS. I have booked my flight, car rental, and hotel for the conference. I also have the week off. Woohoo!
6. Keep my full-time job for all of 2016.
IN PROGRESS. I switched jobs on February 29 so I’m not at the same job as in the beginning of the year.
REVISED GOAL: Keep a full-time job for all of 2016.
7. Pray for my boss regularly.
FAIL. The point of this goal was to pray for my difficult boss earlier this year. I can still pray for my current boss, but it’s much easier to pray for someone who’s nice than someone who treats you like dirt. I didn’t pray for my difficult boss and am still wrestling with forgiving her in my heart.
REVISED GOAL: Forgive my former boss.
8. Engage in self-care daily.
IN PROGRESS. I’m not good at managing self-care each day. I am working on it.
9. Remain healthy from August 2016–December 2016 (Be proactive and work with my psychiatrist.)
IN PROGRESS. Not the latter half of the year yet. I’m still struggling with depression and it’s June. We’ll see how the remainder of the year goes.
10. Change my full name to my married name on everything.
IN PROGRESS. This is more difficult than I thought it’d be. I’m upgrading this to a high level of difficulty.
REVISED GOAL: Change my full name to my married name on everything.