Top 10 Favorite High-Energy Workout Tunes
I’m trying to get back into the habit of exercising regularly at the gym. There are a few tunes that are the perfect tempo to get me warmed up, keep me at an energetic level, and help me to cool down. These are my tried and true (so far) that I keep going back to every time I fall away from the gym and come back… again.
- Freezepop: “Less Talk More Rokk“*
- Kanye West: “The New Workout Plan” [explicit]
- September: “Cry For You” (radio mix)
- Christina Aguilera: “Bionic“
- Lady Gaga: “Just Dance“
- La Roux: “Bulletproof“
- Madonna: “Spanish Lesson“
- Timbaland: “Oh Timbaland“
- Beenie Man: “King of the Dancehall” [explicit]
- Lynyrd Skynyrd: “Free Bird“*
*Power songs: Songs that either infuse high energy through a workout or last a long time, ie, “Free Bird” is a 10-minute song.
Feel free to let me know which song might be your fave for a workout session or suggest another one in the comments below!