Day 2 in the Life of a Christian Atheist
So far, I’m not very good at the atheist part of my day. I’m not actually trying to change anything I do; I’m just believing in God but living as though He doesn’t exist (as I usually do). But again, somehow Christianity crept up on me in different ways:
- Spent 2 hours talking to my Christian counselor about God and what He does in our lives
- Sat through a prayer before I ate at dinner
- Said “Lord, have mercy” after a long and tiring day (hey, it wasn’t “Big Bang!, have mercy”)
- A kind person on Twitter promised to pray for me today
- Still listening to that Pandora Solo Piano station I keep mentioning (I have Pandora One so I listen to it, er, 24/7)
To celebrate my Christian Atheism, I am going to read my daily devotional plans and keep plugging away at the Bonhoeffer book. I’m a better Christian when I try NOT to be. Go figure.
I’m still mad at God though.